Your 10-Step Guide to Installing a Custom Shower EnclosureSeptember 30, 2019
Posted by: Kimberly Ponto
When it comes to purchasing custom glass for your home, a number of measures should be taken to ensure that your project is of the highest caliber. A custom glass shower door or enclosure is meant to be a longstanding fixture in your home and, thus, installation should be approached with care and well-thought-out strategies — in other words, it should never be a rushed decision. At Glass Depots, we have created a 10-Step guide for our customers to use as they work with us to install their new custom glass shower door or enclosure.
10 Steps for Custom Shower Enclosure Installation in Your Raleigh Home
- Come to the showroom at Glass Depots to discuss your project. Before you start any new tiling or bathroom renovations give us a call to discuss your project.
- Speak with our glass shower design consultants. We will guide you through your choices and discuss any alternatives that may work for your home.
- Hand pick your custom shower parts. Choose the design, style, glass, hardware and color that you feel best matches the vision for your new shower. We will provide you with an estimate based on your specific choices.
- Complete any other renovations to your bathroom. Any tiling, bathroom changes or renovations should be completed before installing your new shower enclosure.
- Call us to come measure. We will come out to your home to measure for your new custom shower enclosure or door.
- Pay your deposit and place your order. We ask that our customers pay a deposit upon ordering their new custom shower door or enclosure. The balance of the payment will be paid upon completion.
- Wait 7-10 business days. During this time, your custom glass will be tempered and the unit will be fabricated.
- Listen out for a call from Glass Depots. Once your glass is ready, we will give you a call to schedule the installation.
- Begin installation. Once you have scheduled a time, we will come to your home and install your new shower door or enclosure. Once it is complete, you will check to make sure it meets your standards, pay the balance and wait 24-48 hours for the silicone to dry.
- Enjoy your brand new custom shower door or enclosure. Relax in the oasis of your new space, that’s what it’s for!
Are you looking to install a new custom shower door or enclosure in your Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill home? Look no further than Glass Depots to help you attain the bathroom of your dreams. Give us a call to learn more or stop by our showroom to see our work!